Happy National Pi (Pie) Day! And, no, this isn’t a blog post on pies, even though I do have a good one for a Blueberry Ginger pie here.
Rather, this post centers on some fun articles I’ve read recently and thought you, as a fellow food lover, might enjoy. I’ll try to do a couple of these throughout the month to supplement recipes, just for something a little different. Hope you enjoy and happy reading!
A few things I’m thinking about….
- THIS Chopped Grilled Vegetable Bowl with Farro. I’m all about grain bowls and this one hits the right notes for me, incorporating grilled vegetables, a garlic yogurt sauce, feta and hummus. Sadly, I’m wishing this is what I packed for lunch today.
- Oh pizza, dear pizza. I love it and will eat any type you pass in my direction – thin crust, thick crust, Neapolitan, homemade, out of a box – you name it, I’ll eat it. This article from Bon Appetit schools us all on the 8 styles of regional pizza to know, love and cherish. I’m craving a slice of the “Detroit” style right now (which is not pictured below by the way, that’s my recipe for an easy and delicious, Cast Iron Skillet Pizza.
- Did you know bone broths are one of the most nourishing foods you can eat? Bone broth is full of healthy benefits and helps aid in digestion/intestinal disorders, contains collagen, amino acids, helps with mineral digestion and aids in joint health. This easy recipe and article contains great tips for making an exceptional bone broth in an easy to follow, anybody can do it, manner.
- I pulled this recipe for a Joni Mitchell-inspired California style salad from the pages of Gather Magazine. As a graphic designer, I love the layout of this publication, something different than the typical food magazine sites. Plus, I love seeds, avocado and kale so this Crunchy Canyon Salad is right up my alley.
- With a name like “Cherry Catsup” need I say more? I love cherries and this recipe sounds so dang good. They recommend as a condiment for BBQ but I’d gladly eat it straight from the jar.
- Not a recipe or blog post, just a cute shirt – specifically for girls, girl ‘shefs that is. Check it out.
Finally, I’ll leave you with this quote, “I think preparing food and feeding people brings nourishment not only to our bodies but to our spirits. Feeding people is a way of loving them, in the same way that feeding ourselves is a way of honoring our own createdness and fragility.” – Shauna Niequis
Til next time . . .